Here are few very effective methods which will help you fight against flies
- Use mint as a fly repellent. Small sachets of crushed mint can be placed around the home to discourage flies.
- Bay leaves, cloves and eucalyptus wrapped in small cheesecloth squares can be
hung by open windows or doors.
- Place a small, open container of sweet basil and clover near pet food or any open food in the house.
- A few drops of eucalyptus oil on a scrap of absorbant cloth will deter flies. Leave in areas where flies are a problem.
- You can make your own flypaper with this simple recipe: Mix 1/4 cup syrup, 1 tbsp. granulated sugar and 1 tbsp.
- brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut strips of brown kraft paper and soak in this mixture. Let dry overnight. To hang, poke a small hole at the top of each strip and hang with string or thread.
- Safe, nontoxic, pheromone-based outdoor and indoor fly traps are available.
- For outdoor fly infestations, the best trap you can use is the Flies Be Gone trap, now available in our online store.